Monday June 3, 2019
Food: It Does a Body Good
- Breakfast- Pancakes and sausage links, cereal and toast, fruit and yogurt with milk and juice.
- Lunch- Popcorn chicken bites, mac & cheese, peas, salad bar, pb&j bar with fresh baked cookies for dessert.
- Dinner- Pizza, pasta salad, pineapple chunks, salad bar, pb&j bar with Flat Rock root beer floats for dessert.
Everybody Stand Up! Its Time for Chapel!
This morning’s chapel was led by our summer staff directors. Every day at chapel we will talk about a different YMCA core value. Our core values are Honesty, Respect, Caring and Responsibility. We teach a different core vale at each chapel session this week.
The Golden Plunger Goes To…
Each day our Unit Directors challenge each of their cabins to maintain the cleanliness of the cabins and make it a competition. The winning cabin each day with receive a Golden Plunger, with hopes to keep it each day. The cleanest cabin awards for the day went to:
The Hill: Apache 1
Yurt Village: Discovery
The Valley: Cherokee
Let’s Get Moving: Its Clinic Time
Our clinics got off to a great start. As we walked around camp we witnessed, canoeing, archery, kayaking, paddle boarding, climbing Alpine, Zip-line, and so much more! Campers were introduced to our YMCA Raggers and Leathers program today. Raggers is a program and a daily tool that campers, young people, and YMCA leaders can use to grow in personal strength. We follow the YMCA Raggers program designed for campers and staff 12 years or older. Our Leathers Program is designed to do the same thing, but on a smaller and more reasonable scale.
Time to Get Ready for Tonight’s Activity
Tonight the campers will gather with their units for a unit activity planned by our directors.
- The Village: The Village Games, Olympic like games, but camp style.
- The Valley will have the pool to themselves.
- The Hill is going to have a lip-sync battle and a photo-booth with props.