Open House dates for 2019:
- March 31 1-4 p.m.
- May 5 1-4 p.m.
If the Open House dates don’t work for you, please call the camp office to schedule a tour at your convenience. For additional information, or to schedule a tour, please contact us.
Flat Rock Staff Open House
If you are thinking about being a camp counselor we invite you to attend our Open House. This is a great opportunity to see camp and learn about the summer job that makes an impact on youth and stays with you well into adulthood. Visit our Open House and talk with current counselors about the relationships you form with campers and staff members that last a lifetime. When you join our team you will enjoy working outside, meeting people from around the world, and playing with kids while helping them learn about caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. Camp is an experience of a lifetime.
5 Reasons to Join our Camp Staff
- Be a role model – Children learn from the adults around them, so we place a huge emphasis on being exceptional role models for our campers. Our counselors choose to help campers grow into champions
- Meet people from around the world — At Flat Rock you have the opportunity to meet other counselors who come from all over the United States, South America and Australia.
- Advance your career – having worked as a counselor demonstrates an extraordinary ability to organize and manage teams.
- Learn new skills – from archery to CPR, you will gain knowledge that will enrich your life and help others at the same time.
- Because you can – unlike most jobs, the chance to be a counselor usually only happens once in a lifetime.