If you can ignore the temperature outside, the rest of the signs here at camp tell us the Spring season is upon us.
Gratitude and Thanks!
Big thanks to all the volunteers and staff that came to camp on March 11 for our work day!
Sarah Thomas, Bobby Thomas, Lu Pennal, John Wallace, Riley Van, Dallys Hamrick, Mackenzie Hamrick, Jordan Soetanga, Anna Gomez, Nicole Klinger, Katie Teal, Ben Carson, Natalie Richardson, Jessica Billman, Matthew Chalfaus, Emma Gaich, Milo Anderson, Aden Shaw, Joshua Sangl, Sami Slentz, Syifa Sjah, Don Sheppard, Brian Marting, Sam Pitzen, and Kim Redmon.
Flat Rock Staff Updates
Meet our awesome new Resident and Family Camps Program Coordinator, Brian Keyes!
Brian comes to us from his most recent position at YMCA Camp Copneconic and has also served with distinction at YMCA Camp Storer and the YMCA of Metro Detroit. He is a graduate of Eastern Michigan University with a degree in Public and Non-Profit Administration. We are thrilled to have him as part of the Flat Rock family helping to support our campers and staff! You can welcome him at email@example.com or the next time you make it to camp.
- Keep an eye on our Blog Pages as we welcome back our Summer staff!
- We still have some open positions and opportunities for Volunteer Health Officers
Flat Rock Home Improvement
- Our major renovation of the pool including new return gutters, concrete reinforcement, and a new liner is underway and coming along nicely.
- Our renovation of the rifle range will begin in April and be complete ahead of Summer Camp
- Our NCCC AmeriCorps Team arrived at camp this week and have lots on the agenda: Increasing the size of the fishing deck, building a new lakefront storage building, expanding the equestrian trails, painting the insides of the Hilltop Cabins, constructing a new campfire and seating area for the Valley Cabins and more!
- Thanks to everyone at the work day who made firewood, renovated the trading post, raked leaves, moved beds, constructed a giant Flat Rocker, sorted pictures and a host of other tasks that helped us get ready for a great year.
Project 356 and the Annual Campaign for Scholarships!
- We have raised just over $52,000 of our $150,000 campaign goal
- Big thanks to the 32 donors who have made pledges so far: Janet Allaby, Kevin Ayers, Kim Baver, Julie Beach, Chris Butler, Bob Carmony, Child Advocates, Walker Foundation, Ken Finkel, Jenny Hamner, Gregg Hiland, Honda Manufacturing of Indiana, LLC., Mike Kelly, Monica Kozlowski, Brian Martin, Dianne Montgomery, Ashley Nickel, Tracey Odenwelder, Karin Ogden, Pepsi Cola General Bottlers, Inc., Kimberly Redmon, Don Sheppard, Smith’s Implements Inc., Bret Sperry, St. Paul Kiwanis Club, Stanley Security Solutions, Inc., Christina Tebbe, Glenn Tebbe, Bobby Thomas, Tianna Upton, Daniel Wheeler, Jeff L. White, Tom Massey, Kirby Reis, and Anonymous.
- Make a pledge to join the list and become a part of the movement of every Flat Rocker every year to make camp possible for children in need.
- Canal Race for Camp: Get signed up to come paddle a canoe on the Canal in Indianapolis and help raise pledges to support you. Read a challenge from event Chairman and Flat Rock parent, Dr. Gregory Gaich
Summer Camp Registration and Promotions!
- Big thanks to all the Flat Rockers and friends that joined us at Sky Zone for our camp bring a friend night on March 6!
- Our first Open House and Free Fun Day is Sunday March 26 from 1-4PM and forecast is looking great. Use the facebook event linked here to share the opportunity and bring some new friends to camp! Our second one is May 7th from 1-4PM.
- Session 5 Traditional Camp is Sold Out and has a Waiting List
- Registrations are in from 7 states and 4 different countries!
That is all for this month Flat Rockers! We hope to see you at an Open House or the Canal Race for Camp!