We are seeking a University of Dayton Student group to further the work of Hope Loves Company and Camp HLC in the Midwest. Hope Loves Company (HLC) is the only non-profit in the U.S. with the mission of providing educational and emotional support to children and young adults who had or have a loved one battling Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) or Lou Gehrig’s disease. Camp HLC provides children the opportunity to attend an awesome residential camp experience and meet a community of other children dealing with some of the same challenges at home. In order to continue to reach more young people we are seeking the help of University of Dayton Students
What does Engagement and Involvement Look Like?
- Reach out to ALS support organizations to promote the opportunity to eligible families
- Help raise funds to offset the cost of camp for the children
- Attend Camp at Flat Rock River YMCA Camp for part of the week to help volunteer and support the children in attendance. June 18-24
- Consider helping organize a reunion event for kids during the school year
- Support outreach and connectivity of Hope Loves Company across the Midwest
Don Sheppard, UD Alum and Executive Director for Flat Rock River YMCA Camp, will be visiting campus on Thursday April 6th to meet with interested students.